makes 4 servings
This is an Asian spin on one of my all time favorite meals growing up, cabbage and noodles. Thanks Mom!
- 1/2 package of buckwheat soba noodles (4 oz dry)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more or less based on preference)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted cashews, unsalted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Whisk together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and hot sauce and set sauce aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add cabbage, ginger, and carrots for 8-10 minutes, until cabbage softened. Add noodles and sauce and stir-fry until noodles are heated through. Top with cashews, chives, salt and pepper.
Nutrition facts per serving: 245 calories, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 361 mg sodium, 37 g total carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein
BALANCE IT OUT: Pair this stir fry with grapes or orange slices for a perfect light lunch or serve with grilled salmon, chicken, or tofu for a nutritious quick and easy dinner.