These easy to make burgers require few ingredients and are so delicious.
Makes 3 medium-sized patties
- 1/4 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a food processor, pulse raw oats and almonds until finely chopped. In a medium sized bowl, mash the black beans with a fork until thick and pasty. Stir in oat and almond mixture, grated carrots, jalapeño, onion, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Form into 3 patties. Place patties on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping once.
Recipe Note: To grill: simply cut the baking time in half and grill for 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving (1 patty): 246 calories, 9 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 69 mg sodium, 32 g total carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein